Ronald McDonald House – Norfolk, Virginia
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Norfolk (RMHC-Norfolk), an affiliate of Ronald McDonald House Charities®, was established to be a “Home Away From Home” for families who want to be near their child (age 21 and under) receiving medical treatment at one of the local hospitals.
About our Norfolk house:
Founded in 1981
Located at 404 Colley Avenue in Norfolk, VA 23507
- 17 rooms available for families (includes one handicap room)
- While there is no charge for our services, donations of $25 per night are greatly appreciated to ensure these services continue to be available for future guests. No family is ever turned away due to their inability to make a donation.
- Kitchen and laundry facilities available
- Onsite parking available
- Walking distance to Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters in Norfolk
- Accessible to public transportation
Room reservations can be easily completed online
Most importantly our house provides families a place of comfort, rest, and a way to be near their child without having to commute.
The House is made possible by many donors and volunteers in our community who want to be an encouragement to the families who stay with us.